National Bone and Joint Day were declared on 4th August 2012 and our President IOA – Dr. Rajashekaran asked members to have at least one free surgery for the poor patient and that activity is taken care of every year on that day and other public awareness programs are arranged by all state chapters. The government of India, the Postal Department released a special cover on that day.
This awareness initiative conducted by Delhi Orthopedic Association in Delhi and the most interesting point is that how I come to know this day, today I was driving towards old Delhi near Delhi gate a young man comes across wearing white blazer give a sheet with safety rules on it and greet me happy bones and joint day. That how I come to know the Bone and Joint Day.
- Why Only Minor Rape Matters for the Country?
- India Needs to Work Harder to Maintain its Economic Growth
- Justice KM Joseph elevated to the Supreme Court
- India Needs to Setup a Basic National Gas Grid for its Ever-Growing Population
The road safety is as important as driving to reach our destination safely and I want to share some safety rules mentioned below:
- Road Safety Rule 1- Always use the helmet for yourself & pillion while riding the two-wheeler.
- Road Safety Rule 2- Seatbelts to be used by the driver & co-passengers.
- Road Safety Rule 3– Follow speed limits.
- Road Safety Rule 4- Follow road signs and signals.
- Road Safety Rule 5- Never use mobile phones while driving.
- Road Safety Rule 6- Avoid conversations while driving two-wheelers.
- Road Safety Rule 7- Avoid dazzling lights & high beam. Use black eye.
- Road Safety Rule 8- Discourage schools children from using two-wheelers.
- Road Safety Rule 9- Do not jump manned or unmanned railway gates.
- Road Safety Rule 10- Crossroad only at zebra crossings. Always use the footpath.
- Road Safety Rule 11- Do not drink and drive. Always give away to the ambulance.
Raise your voice for change and press the red button when needed. We will be a POLICEMAN at home, insisting others to follow road safety rules.
Written by: Emmad Ahmad Khan
August 4, 2018