Nirbhaya Rapists To Be Hanged
- The Supreme Court on Monday rejected the petitions filed by the 2012 Delhi gang-rape convicts to review their death penalty.
It had upheld the death penalty awarded to the convicts in 2017. The review petition was rejected by a Special Bench of Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra, Justices R. Banumathi, and Ashok Bhushan.
Supreme Court Favours Airing Of Court Proceedings
- The Supreme Court favored live- streaming of court proceedings today. The bench led by CJI Dipak Mishra asked Attorney General K.K. Venugopal to make further submissions related to the same on July 23.
Heavy Rain Lashes Mumbai
- Heavy rains lashed Mumbai on Monday bringing the city to the standstill causing waterlogging and traffic jams at several places.
The rains have affected several trains as they couldn’t move, while others were delayed.
Many schools and colleges remained shut due to heavy rain.
Gangster Munna Bajrangi Shot Dead in UP jail
- Gangster Prem Prakash Singh alias Munna Bajrangi was shot dead inside the Baghpat district jail in Uttar Pradesh early on Monday after a brawl between him and criminal Sunil Rathi.
- The government has suspended four jail personnel in the aftermath of the gruesome murder.