Europe is a continent located entirely in the Northern hemisphere and mostly in the Eastern hemisphere. It comprises the westernmost part of Eurasia and is bordered by the Arctic Ocean to the North, the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, and Asia to the east. On the other hand, the USA is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean. Both countries are great and beautiful in their ways, but, when it comes to comparing these two countries, there are a vast number of bases especially in terms of citizens and their way of living.
Here are some points which differentiate Europe with the USA:
- Ease of work and other benefits: As we all know that in India we follow the American way of work, it becomes obvious to comprehend that Americans are burdened with overwork, whereas in Europe very few countries are there where people work 40 hours a week. That is the reason, some American’s think that Europeans are lazy and less productive, although it is not true. Europe has many worker-friendly laws thus they do the work with utmost productivity, unlike America where people are burdened with work. European countries also give full maternity leave to their employees. And the maternity leave is not just of a few months like America where women have to work after one or two months, in Europe maternity leave is given for one or two years straight.
- Pakistan opens the doors of a 1,000-year-old Hindu Temple which had been sealed since partition for 72-years
- Empowerment: A Solution for Inequality in Rural Morocco
- European Spent Less Time Driving: Comparing the USA’s public transport with that of Europe’s, we can say the public transport of Europe is far better than that of the USA. As stated earlier, Americans are already burdened with overwork and the situation becomes more miserable when it comes to driving back after the day full of work and chaos. Public transport in the USA is more expensive than that of Europe’s.
- All or nothing kind of approach: If American’s are to go on a walk, because of the all or nothing kind of attitude, they will not simply walk they will do a power walk, on the same time, walking to work is not so common in the USA as people think that the people are so poor to buy even a vehicle. On the other hand, Europeans are far away from judging people on this petty base, they do simple walking, basic cycling and they are happy with the concept of less is more.
- Vacation base: All the countries of Europe have a system called “paid vacation”, where people go on a vacation of 30-35 days on a paid vacation every year. While this concept is not introduced in the USA. Even, the USA is the only developed nation where that gives no paid vacation to its employees.
- Free education: Free education, not just till class 8th or 12th but also for the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree. Yes, many people cannot stomach this thing, but in many countries in Europe, it is very common for the students to have their college fees already paid. Whereas, in American countries, this concept is not even introduced.