Health and MedTech companies and employees have been at the forefront of the war on the Covid 19 pandemic. Will, there be any tax relief for these sectors – Income tax, Import Duties as well as GST.
Is the government considering the creation of a med-tech corridor to encourage the manufacture of critical and monitoring equipment for healthcare? This is an opportunity to alleviate rural India from popular comorbidities.
- Enhancement in the basic income tax exemption
- More relief to the salaried class as many took the salary
- Bring in a special tax for the super-rich class and use it for rural infrastructure development Healthcare Expectations
- Increase expenditure allocation for healthcare and ramp up the public healthcare system
- Promote Digital Healthcare transformation by providing incentives to Digital health companies and start-ups
- Boost local manufacture of Medical devices by providing adequate monitory and technical support
Vice-Chairman & Global CEO
DR. NATESH BALA
Vice-Chairman & CEO-Asia