Imran Khan has emerged as the favorite choice for the prime ministerial post after his party Pakistan Tehreek –E-Insaf has emerged the biggest party in the 2018 General Elections.
Launched in 1996, Pakistan Tehreek-E- Insaf endorses populism and Islamic democracy and has around 10 million members worldwide.
Here is all that you need to know about the founder Chairman of the PTI Imran Khan:
- 1952: Born in the affluent ethnic Pashtun family in Punjab Pakistan.
- 1975: Graduated from Oxford University in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics.
- 1992: Led Pakistan Cricket Team to World Cup Victory.
- 1996: Launched his political organization Pakistan Tehreek-E-Insaf.
- 2002: Won his first seat in The National Assembly.
Imran Khan has a net worth of around US$ 360,000 Million.
As the Prime Minister of Pakistan, he aims to raise revenues and lift people out of poverty. Besides, he aims to crack down on rampant corruption prevalent across the country.
Khan has also authored a book titled ‘Pakistan: A Personal History’.