PM Narendra Modi in a video message addressed the nation on Friday. This was his second address after 22 March when he announced a nationwide lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus.
- PM praised the discipline and generosity showed by every citizen during the ongoing lockdown. He also thanked Law enforcement agencies for ensuring a safe and secure lockdown.
- Janta Curfew is being adopted by many countries, ‘Thali Maro’ and ‘Ghanti Bajao’ have become an inspiration for the world said PM. He also said it is a testimony to our power and courage. It also shows that we can fight together.
- He said, Even we are confined to our houses, we are not alone, the collective strength of the country is with each of us.
- Modi reminded that when the whole country will stand united, it will give courage to those who needed the most. It will also give clarity to move ahead without fear.
- Modi highlighted that we must help those afflicted with the disease and give them hope.
- PM cautioned that nobody should cross the ‘Lakshman Rekha’. Light diyas from balconies and doorways but do not leave your house, gather at any public place or defy social distancing.
PM Modi concluded his message highlighting the need to stand united to win the battle against the virus.