Ladakh Standoff: Chinese PLA moves back troops 2-2.5 km, high-level talk continues

Chinese PLA moved back up to 2 to 2.5 km after the Battalion Commander level talk. Lieutenant level talks are scheduled to happen this week in multiple locations including the Galwan valley, pp-15, and Hot Spring area

0

The Sino-Indian border issue has again come to a boil last month when troops of both sides have indulged in hand-combat and stone-pelting while patrolling near the Pangong Tso lake and Galwan valley. After this, the Chinese PLA has tried several times to break into the Indian Territory every time it was nothing but just biting the dust. But, soon after, they slowly trespassed in the Indian Territory in the Ladakh sector with 250 soldiers. India-China has a disputed boundary of 3488km, in which Arunachal Pradesh is claimed by China as a part of Southern-Tibet while it falls in Indian Territory, and India contests it.

Multiple steps were taken to maintain the peace and tranquility on the border all the efforts went into vain as the Chinese army started deploying more soldiers and artillery near the LAC. To reciprocate the situation, the Indian army also increased the number of deployment in the valley, which thus, created a war-like situation. To maintain peace and handle the situation from diplomacy, officials of both the individuals have started meetings and discussions in the matter.

U.S. in Race to Control over Arctic oil Spill after Putin Declared State of Emergency

Vietnam – India signed Memorandum of Understanding on IT cooperation

After the first military talks, troops of both countries have disengaged on the ground at multiple locations in Eastern Ladakh. Chinese PLA moved back up to 2 to 2.5 km after the Battalion Commander level talk. Lieutenant level talks are scheduled to happen this week in multiple locations including Galwan valley, PP-15, and Hot Springs in Eastern Ladakh. While the Chinese army goes back, reciprocating the step, the Indian army has also disengaged a little bit and also removed some of the vehicles from there.

On the Indo-China border issue, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said on Monday, “High officials dialogue between Chinese and Indian militaries was ‘positive’, and both sides vowed to continue the talks to end the ‘tussle’ over the issue”. He further added that the government will not allow India’s pride and self-respect to be hurt at any cost. Higher officials also said that India is already in Chushul to engage the Chinese in talks and are coordinating with the senior officials in this regard.

To comment on the ongoing situation, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said both the countries have agreed to work to maintain peace along the Line of Actual Control and resolve the stand-off through talks.

Indian army is all set to face any circumstance. Both countries have nuclear power. India has all the equipment and ammunition including the high-tech fighter jets and missiles. Although both the countries don’t want war as it won’t benefit anyone and both of them are trying the maintain the tranquility on the border but, china needs to get it straight that if things get worst this time, the situation won’t be like 1962. India is capable to safeguard its border and give a righteous answer to those to try to intervene in its internal peace, and for this, it will take all the steps which the situation demands.  

Summary
Article Name
Ladakh Standoff: Chinese PLA moves back troops 2-2.5 km, high-level talk continues
Description
Chinese PLA moved back up to 2 to 2.5 km after the Battalion Commander level talk. Lieutenant level talks are scheduled to happen this week in multiple locations including the Galwan valley, pp-15, and Hot Spring area
Author
Publisher Name
THE POLICY TIMES
Publisher Logo