India has been preparing for the third stage of the national lockdown in every state with “considerable relaxation”. On Sunday, the Delhi government announced that the proposed lockdown relaxations by the Home Ministry will be implemented from this Monday. The Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that the Delhi government would implement the Center’s latest guidelines on ‘lockdown relaxation’ and allow all government and private offices to open from Monday. However, flight, metro, and bus travel suspensions will continue.
Based on the corona-virus risk-profile, the country is divided into three regions – red, orange, and green. According to the Ministry of Home Affairs, prohibited activities across the country, regardless of the region: air, rail, metro travel; Interstate movement by road; Schools, colleges and other educational, training and training institutions; Hospitality services including hotels and restaurants. Even large public places like cinema halls, malls, gymnasiums, sports complexes, social, political, cultural, and other types of gatherings and religious or public places of worship are still banned. Not all markets or malls, except all zones, containment areas will be allowed to sell liquor with certain conditions in standalone shops.
On SundayArvind Kejriwal told that “This is the time to open Delhi again. We have to be ready to live with the COVID-19”.
The list of relaxations and rules for Lockdown 3.0 announced by the Delhi government includes:
- All government offices will be activated from Monday. Those involved in the required services will see a 100% attendance
- Every private office can work with 33 percent of employees
- Only undersecretaries and 33 percent of staff will be allowed to report for unnecessary government departments
- Salons and barbershops will be closed
- Print and electronic media are private security companies that can also open
- Private vehicles carrying one driver and 2 rear passengers will only be allowed to operate but can only access the necessary services
- Weddings with up to 50 people will be allowed
- Stationery and standalone shops will be allowed to open in Delhi
- Other approved works of art are units of essential products, including medicines, drugs, medical devices, their raw materials and intermediates; Production units, which require uninterrupted processing, and their supply chains; IT hardware manufacturing; Jute industry with an uninterrupted shift of packaging material and social distance manufacturing units
- Permission has been granted to construct sit-in (situ) (where workers are available on site and no labor needs to be brought in from outside) and renewable energy projects
- All agricultural activities such as seed, cutting, collection, and marketing activities are permitted in the agricultural supply chain
After a few months, today is the first month and a half since the lockdown was first imposed. Delhi is now ready to reopen. Crowds are outraged at the classification of the entire city as a red zone. The Chief Minister further told that he would suggest that the Center would declare not only the districts but also the cities as zones only.