MSME’s need “Paisa ,Aadmiaur Samaan”: AIMO

All India Manufacturers Organisation, ( AIMO )  , India’s Apex Trade body focused on the MSME sector today applauded the announcements made by the Finance Minister and welcomed the new packages that were offered to the MSME sector

0

 All India Manufacturers Organisation, ( AIMO )  , India’s Apex Trade body focused on the MSME sector today applauded the announcements made by the Finance Minister and welcomed the new packages that were offered to the MSME sector. AIMO also stressed that apart from Money, MSME’s also need Men and Men and Material which translates to Paisa,AadmiaurSaaman to reopen , to survive and to grow.

According to Mr.K.E.Raghunathan , Past President of AIMO  “ This Government has proven that they are a Government that listens to the needs of the MSMEs . We have been at the heart of understanding and representing the requirements of the MSME’s in the lockdown period. We at AIMO agree and totally support with the Honorable PM’s vision of AatmaNirbhartha  and a Self Reliant Domestic Indian Economy. For the first time in Indian History , the Government has pushed the needs of the MSME’s to the fore front and has addressed it in their financial packages. We at AIMO are proud that MSME’s are being recognized for the contribution to the Indian economy and employment generation”

“On interactions with our members, post the announcement of the Finance Minister, we feel that the key concerns faced by MSME’s are availability of Finance , availability of labour , payment of wages and more importantly availability of raw material. We at AIMO believe that the mantra to solve the MSME’s concern would therefore have to be Paisa ,AadmiaurSaaman.” Added Raghunathan

 “While Rs 3,00,000 crore and other schemes have been announced , by the statement of the FM , it will impact 45 LAKH MSMEs. We at AIMO would like to highlight that there are over 6 crores MSME’s without accounting for self employed and the traders. 45 Lakh MSME’s would mean that ONLY about 8% of MSME’s will benefit and we hope the FM has further measures in store for the remaining 92% of the MSME’s” stressed Kenny Ramanand ,Hony National General Secretary of AIMO

“ We also welcome the “ No Global Tender upto Rs.200 cr procurement by Govt“ amendment for Indian MSME’s. We feel that this will encourage new technology initiatives and manufacturing partnerships with International companies to produce locally in the medium to long term.  To address the issue of availability of raw material for MSME and to ensure fair price to them to remain competitive, AIMO suggests that the Government of India start up a System like PDS through NSICfor industrial products for supply of essential materials like cement , steel , aluminium, among others to MSMEs at every Industrial estate , using the existing infra structure created at NSIC . These Industrial PDS will aim to offer materials at Concessional or Subsidized prices, at lower order quantities and at reasonable credit periods in order to survive.” Continued Raghunathan

On the solution for Migrant labour , Mr Raghunathan stated “ AIMO has consistently been the Industry spokesperson for the MSME sector and post the Lockdown  over 72% of MSME’s fear that the reverse migration of Labour has already had huge impact on their business. In our interactions with the labour directly , we noticed that their biggest concern was fear and lack of respect as a class of people. In order to incentivize the labour to return back to work , the government should create Migrant Labour Welfare Board and construct multiples of 2000 bedded Hostels in every District which are of the highest quality of hygiene , cleanliness in a sanitised environment and provide these to the migrant labour at very reasonable prices. “

Summary
Article Name
MSME’sneed “Paisa ,Aadmiaur Samaan”: AIMO
Description
All India Manufacturers Organisation, ( AIMO )  , India’s Apex Trade body focused on the MSME sector today applauded the announcements made by the Finance Minister and welcomed the new packages that were offered to the MSME sector
Publisher Name
THE POLICY TIMES
Publisher Logo