UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services through a single mobile application on Android, iOS Web, and on KaiOS. It facilitates citizens with single-point access, through mobile, to various services of Central Government, State Governments, local bodies, their agencies, and even those from the private sector.
National e-Governance Division (NeGD) is an Independent Business Division under Digital India Corporation, a Section-8 Company under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology. NeGDwants to increase the reach of UMANG services to a larger user base through some assistive modes like agents or Human Assisted Platform.
Benefits of UMANG
- All Services (Central Government, State Government, Utility Bills) at one place.
- All Documents (Aadhaar, Driving License, Vehicle RC, PAN, and many more from Digilocker) in one place.
- All Transactions (Status, Bills, Applications, and many more) at one place.
- All Engagements (Feedback and Rating, Customer Support, Notifications, and Live Chat) in one place.
Objective of UMANG
- To act as an enabler and facilitator in developing the overall mobile-based service delivery ecosystem in India.
- Provide easy access for individuals to various services via a single Mobile Application, easy-to-remember short code, and single Toll-Free number.
- Provide easy discoverability of services, easy manageability, and standardization of service delivery.
- Provide for quick mobile enablement of e-Gov applications/services of Government departments through easy and fast integration, onboarding, mobile front-end roll-out by bringing their services on this mobile application platform. Provide other value-added services to departments via a common platform through integration with Telecom Service Provider and Payment gateway. This will facilitate easy on-boarding of Government departments.
Consideration process of Companies/ Partners
Companies/Partners interested in providing select UMANG Services through agents or human-assisted platforms to citizens and residents of India may submit their proposal for consideration by NeGD on a non-exclusive basis.NeGDwill scrutinizes/review such proposal and will respond.
Public comments and views on the Policy for “Agent Assisted Delivery of UMANG Services” are accepted through https://www.india.gov.in/policy-agent-assisted-delivery-umang-services?page=2 .