This move by the government has been welcomed by many organizations and individuals as it would help in keeping a check on the spread of this deadly virus. Hundreds and thousands of commuters commute daily between Noida and Delhi and thus, keeping a check on their covid status has become mandatory. This random test would help in warning several organizations and employers of the health status of their employees.
All you need to know about the new order
- People will be able to move freely from Delhi to Noida without any restrictions
- The test would be done on antigen base sampling procedure
- Not all the commuters will have to undergo the test, some random people will be picked for the same
- The massive rise in covid cases across Gautam Budh Nagar is one of the foremost reasons for this decision by the government
- Rapid testing teams will be deployed in the Noida-Delhi border to randomly pick people for the test
- Every individual has to follow all the covid protocols like wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, etc. in and around Delhi
- Every institute and organization in Gautam Budh Nagar is issued with an advisory to detect symptomatic people and provide them with immediate help
Delhi people must be more careful
The decision by the Delhi government came along due to high rise in cases of covid 19 infection during the period of November 1 and November 16. Almost 1 lakh corona cases were reported in this period out of which 1200 deaths were registered. Though 94000 people have recovered, the fear of mass infection still persists. So, Delhi people must be well aware of these facts and be more careful about the same. They must abide by the rules and covid protocols set by the government for being safe and sound amidst the pandemic.
The decision might hamper daily commuters
The decision to randomly check computers traveling from Delhi to Noida comes as a shock for daily commuters as they fear that traveling might get hampered due to this. The already busy road connecting Delhi to Noida sees long jams daily and if random commuters are picked up for the test then it can take more time for them to reach their destination. We can only wait and see how it all turns out!
The PolicyTimes suggestion
- This measure is a significant one for the welfare of the commuters between Delhi and Noida. The random test will help in identifying the covid positive people and provide immediate help to them.
- The rise in covid cases in Delhi in the last few days will be controlled by a major extent if such random tests are carried out in other places too.
- Though the move is appreciated, the government must also not forget that it might cause hindrance to the daily commuters. The long jams on the roads must be taken into consideration and the test must be carried out in a well-planned manner to avoid the discomfort of other passengers.