Actor Advocate Lion Prof. (Dr.) Firdos Temurasp Shroff is Parsi-Zoroastrian (Minority Community) started his career soon after completing School in 1972 at Boys’ Town Public School, Nasik under Mentor Shri Bejon N.Desai, Principal at the age of 17 years FROM SHUNYA as WAITER in Hotel Taj Mahal, Mumbai in 1973 TO SHIKHAR as CORPORATE DIRECTOR (till date).
Joined Union Bank of India (Nationalised Bank) on 4th March 1974, as Stenographer (national champion typewriting 90 w.p.m. & shorthand 200 w.p.m.) to Mr.Pheroze Framroze Gutta, Chairman & Managing Director (who taught me to work with devotion & perfection) & took Voluntary Retirement in 2001.
While working with Union Bank of India since 1974 – acquired qualifications as under :
B.A.(Economics) (Morning Batch) in 1979 as also LL.B. in 1981 (Advocate, Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa, High Court, Mumbai (Roll No. Mah/1135/2001 –Enrolled on 27th April 2001) from Siddharth College of Arts, Commerce & Law – People’s Education Society’s (PES) established by Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar in 1953). Fort, Mumbai. The study of Dr.Babasaheb R.Ambedkar Thoughts inspired me soon after joining Siddharth College F.Y.Arts in 1976. Have been very fortunate to have met and interacted with the grandson of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar respected Shri Anandraj Ambedkar, Chairman, PES. Thank management of Siddharth College for giving me admission while working at Union Bank of India (since 4th March 1974) and to study morning College so that I can ‘Earn and Learn’. Thus was able to complete further studies Ph.D.- Information Technology in Banking, Saurashtra University (2003) after VRS from UBI in 2001; M.A.(Economics) (1989); CAIIB (1987); CAIIB linked MBA (Banking & Finance), IGNOU (2007); Post-Graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management (Rajendra Prasad Institute of Communication & Management, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan) (1988); Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Management (K.C.College of Management Studies, Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board) (1990); Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking Technology (Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF) (2005);
As a person connected with Siddharth College & World Constitution as also Holistic Continuous Professional Development (CPD) have completed a Post-Graduate Diploma in “Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Thoughts” from the University of Mumbai (Dr.Ambedkar Center for Social Justice, Vidyanagari) (April 2018) and presently, undertaken Research study for D.Litt. – 1) Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Thoughts and 2) The Buddha and His Dhamma.
Dr. Shroff is banker-cum-academician by profession. Presently, Professor/ Mentor/Ph.D. Supervisor/Referee at various reputed Universities/Institutions and certified Corporate Trainer. as also Fellow IIBF; Senate Member, Pune University & Certified SEBI-NISM Financial Trainer.
Board of Directors:
- The Zoroastrian Co-op.Bank Ltd., Mumbai – December 2005
- Director, LICHFL Care Homes Ltd., Mumbai – October 2007 – March 2019
- Lions Clubs International, Lion Club of East Bombay – July 2005
- Institute of Clinical Legal Education & Research (ICLER) – February 2014
- National Vice-President, Civil Rights Protection Cell (CRPC), Nagpur – April 2020
He has also achieved the following distinctions –
- Member, World Constitution & Parliament (WCPA), USA – 2018
- United Nations Global Talent Pool – 2018
- UN75 World Peace Campaign 2020 & BEYOND – 2019
- In appreciation of his Education, Literature, and Spiritual excellence – The government of India, India Post has issued Se-Tenant Postal Stamps of Prof.Dr.Firdos T. Shroff was released by India Post Official Shri P.N.Pandey, Superintendent of Post Offices, Government of India, Khandwa Division, Khandwa – 450 001 (MP) on Monday, 30th July 2018.
Feeling pleased to mention here that My Stamp is displayed at various Postal Museums in India and abroad as also at Khandwa / Pune / Nagpur / Leh Post Offices. During November-December 2020, My Stamp was displayed in International Museums, viz., Philippines, Cuba, Fuji, Nepal, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore. Also, My Stamp will be displayed in Africa, China, Europe, America Exhibitions during the period 2021-2023.
- My efforts have been noticed and selected in ‘SHUNYA SE SHIKHAR TAK’ (ZERO TO HERO) Book in International Edition written and edited by Dr.Sudhir Tare.
- NASA MARS MISSION 2026 is sending names of a few important personalities in the world to MARS 2026. My name has been included and NASA has issued me a BOARDING PASS.
WHY? Because my career started as a Waiter in Hotel Taj Mahal, Mumbai and stenographer (National Champion Typewriting 90 w.p.m. & Stenographer 200 w.p.m.); Advocate, Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa, High Court, Mumbai; Professor, Ph.D. Doctorate in Banking & Finance; Director, Zoroastrian Co-operative Bank Ltd.; Independent Director, LIC HFL Care Homes Ltd.; Senate Member, Savitribai Phule Pune University (Governor of Maharashtra NOMINEE); International Motivation Guru as also Bollywood Actor; singer as also Member, Lions Club of East Bombay – LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL for helping with Motivation Workshops to underprivileged strata of society, Advasis, Veer Naaris, Defence and Police personnel, NAB, prison inmates, Banks, Corporates, Universities, Colleges and Schools across the globe as also lending support to various social services for past two decades. I believe in voluntary service ‘Art of Giving’ back to society without any expectations. To quote holy scriptures – Avasta (Parsis) – Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds (Humata, Hukhta, Havrashta) and BHAGVAD GITA – Karm Karo, Phal Ki Chinta Mat Karo.
Recipient of urge “TO SERVE HUMANITY” LIONS INTERNATIONAL AWARDS – COVID-19 WARRIOR AWARD assisting during COVID-19 Pandemic as also support to “TALKING BOOK FOR BLIND” National Association for Blind (NAB).
- Invited on ALL INDIA RADIO (AIR) for talks (Gujarati) on the overall development of youth – 2018.
- Invited on ALL INDIA RADIO (AIR) 100.1 Mhz FM GOLD LIVE (5.05 pm) MUMBAI “KANOON KI BAAT” on Banks and Other Financial Institutions on Thursday, 9th May 2019.
- Invited as Trainer to conduct Training Workshop for Teachers at Army Public School (APS), National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla, Pune on 27th and 28th June 2019
- Invited on BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION (BCC), London for an interview on “Promotion of Parsi Community – 27th January 2021.
- The authored book titled “Modern [email protected] Technology” – Foreword by Dr.R.B.Barman, Executive Director, Reserve Bank of India & Shri H.N.Sinor, Chief Executive, Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) published by Northern Book Centre, New Delhi – April 2007 & blessed by H.E.Shri S.C.Jamir, Governor of Maharashtra recommending the book as an ‘authoritative manual in the field of banking technology. The book has been recommended by Rashtra Sant Tukdoji Nagpur University for their ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Bank Management (PGDBM)’ course.
- Published a book titled “Pearls of Wisdom” -Inner Engineering – Self Development – Know Thyself – September 2015
- The published book titled “SOUGANDHIKA – Small Stories-Big Lessons” – January 2019
- Published Research Papers/articles in reputed national/international Journals/Bulletins, viz., IBA/IIBF/ICSI/ICFAI, etc., as also in Magazine/Newspapers, etc.
- In his Spiritual Journey visited holy places, thus seeking blessings from – Iran & Udwada (Gujarat) Atashbehram – Golden Temple, Amritsar; Balaji Temple; Lord Ayappa Temple, Sabrimala (barefoot) – 2018; Parshavnath Jain Temple, Summit Shikar, Kumbh Mela, Shahi Snaan at Prayagraj, Kashi Vishwanath, Bodh Gaya, Ram Temple, Ayodhya – 2019 and Char Dham Yatra – Yamnotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath in Uttarakhand – 2019
Recipient of International Recognitions :
- Recipient of International Scholarship by the Association of Overseas Technical Scholarship (AOTS) at TOKYO, JAPAN on “Business [email protected] by Information Technology (BIIT)” – July 2005
- Invited at DOORDARSHAN DD1 NATIONAL TELEVISION NETWORK CHANNEL LIVE panel member on interactive session TALK SHOW titled ‘MONEY PLANT’ telecast on 26th March and 28th March 2011
- Recipient of Globe Recognition Award for ‘Outstanding Zarathusthi Professional for the year 2010’ from the World Zarathusti Chamber of Commerce (WZCC) – April 2011
- Recipient of ‘Rotary Excellence Award 2011’ – Rotary District 3211, Cochin – January 2011
- Recipient of ‘Award for Excellence 2003’ in the sphere of Education, Research, Science and Technology – Mehernosh Cama Memorial Trophy – Federation of the Parsi Anjuman’s of India – June 2004.
- Recipient of ‘Jewel of the Community Award’ in the field of academic excellence from Zoroastrian Children’s Foundation (ZOCHILD) – December 2013
- Recipient of ‘GURU DRONA – Excellence National Award -2014’ Award from R.K. HIV/AIDS Research and Care Centre
- Recipient of global recognition Awards from International Biographical Centre (IBC), Cambridge, England as follows :
- 2000 OUTSTANDING INTELLECTUALS OF THE 21s CENTURY –8th EDITION – communication no. TINT8/rec dated 6th December 2013.
- TOP 100 EDUCATORS 2014 – communication no.TOPED/inv dated 24th January 2014
- INTERNATIONAL BIOGRAPHICAL CENTRE MAN OF THE YEAR 2014 – communication no. MoY14/i9nv dated 28th February 2014. (These awards are given to a personality whose daily work makes a difference. The Award Board has ratified for the Global Award).
- TATA-ABCI award in appreciation of addressing on ‘Banking & Technology in India’ for MBA Executive Programme students from Russia, Kingston University, London at Ami Ghia Hall, Mumbai – 13th June 2014.
- Recipient of ‘Life Time Achievement Award – 2015’ in the field of banking & education – Gyan Bharati Institute of Technology, New Delhi – 4th October 2015.
- Recipient of Rotary International Recognition ‘Rotary Bhushan Excellence Award’ for excellence in leading the mantle of Vocational and Motivational Skill Development in the Training of Youth at large toward the Hon’ble Shri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister’s Mission Programme from Shri Rajendra Agarwal, President, Rotary Club of Mumbai South, District 3140 on 7th April 2016 at Mumbai.
- Recipient of “Distinguished Teacher of Global Excellence – Management” award at “Sankalp 2016” Conference organized by the Management Teachers Consortium (MTC) Global: Apex Global Advisory Body in Management Education, Bangalore – 16th & 17th September 2016.
- Invited as Keynote Speaker at the International Conference on “Employability Enhancement through Skill Development at Global Levels” by Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University(JJTU), Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan at Colombo, Sri Lanka – 23-24 October 2016.
- Invited as Keynote Speaker at the HR International Conference on “Career Bytes” by the Daffodil International University (DIU), in association with Bangladesh Society for Human Resources Management (BSHRM) at DIU Campus, Dhaka, Bangladesh – 3-5 December 2016.
- Recipient of ‘International Asia Pacific Gold Star Award’ by the Global Achiever’s Foundation, on the occasion of the International Summit on Globalisation of Economic and Social Development in Bangkok. Was felicitated with a medal in recognition for outstanding achievements and role in the field of social and public services by His Excellency Khun Korn Debbransi, former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand – Bangkok – 18th August 2017.
- Workshop conducted for Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – 2017 and Union Bank of India for Sr. Executives – 6th May 2018.
- Invited as Resource Person/Trainer at the Bangladesh-Japan Training Institute (BJTI) to conduct 2-Days INTERNATIONAL TRAINING on “Enhancing Workplace Capability” at AOTS-BJTI, Dhaka, Bangladesh – 27-28 November 2019.
Universities/Higher Technical Education Bodies Accolades :
- In recognition of the qualification and expertise, elected by the Council as ‘Fellow’ of the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF), Mumbai – 2002
- Appointed on SENATE MEMBER of the PUNE UNIVERSITY by His Excellency Shri K. Sankaranarayanan, Governor of Maharashtra and Chancellor of the Universities of Maharashtra NOMINEE – 2010-2015
- Nominated for MANAGEMENT category on NATIONAL BOARD OF ACCREDITATION (NBA), AICTE, New Delhi as Chairperson/Expert
Conclusion – THANKSGIVING :
At the outset, thank my dear loving Brother Mehelibhai who has been a backbone and supported throughout, and without his assistance long journey of achievements would not have been possible. I also thank Lord Almighty blessings as also from my dear departed father Temurasp Dossabhoy Shroff; mother Jalu Temurasp Shroff and sister Amy Temurasp Shroff. Also special thanks to Ms.Homai A. Daruwalla, former Chairman & Managing Director, Central Bank of India & Chairperson, Zoroastrian Co-operative Bank Ltd.; Shri Anandraj Ambedkar, Chairman, People’s Education Society’s Siddharth College of Arts, Commerce & Law, Dr.Sudhir Tare, World Peace Ambassador & Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Foundation; Dr.Ashok Mehta, International Past President, Lions Clubs International, USA; Dr.Sabur Khan, Founder, Daffodil International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, and Shri Shriram Shirke, former Bank of India as also many others for their guidance and all-round support to make achievements possible leading to PADMA SHRI AWARD for exceptional and distinguished services in the field of Literature & Education.
Take this opportunity to thank from bottom of my heart Mr.Anand Sharma, President, Zeromile Foundation, Nagpur, & Press Editor, Zeromile newspaper & ‘Khabaro Me Hamara Sahar’ newspaper, who is doing a wonderful work of projecting the hidden talent of India to the world. I appeal to you all to recognize these talents and personalities and encourage them because they are inspirations for the younger generation across the globe.
Actor Advocate Lion Prof.Dr.Firdos Temurasp Shroff,
Global Motivation Guru & Ambassador of Peace,
Ph.D., MBA; MA, LL.B, CAIIB, PGDIRPM, PGDCM, PGDBT, Fellow IIBF.
Although Dr.Shroff shuns publicity, he is an outstanding persona and spokesperson of the Parsi Community. He has many degrees and distinctions and urges ‘TO SERVE’ HUMANITY to credit. It has been a privilege to know the brilliant and dedicated person so we strongly recommend and pray for Prof. Dr.Firdos T.Shroff case for conferment of PADMA SHRI AWARD – 2021 for his exceptional and distinguished services in the field of Literature & Education.