The Khadija RA Initiative, the world’s largest and exclusive cohort, incubation & acceleration program for 1001 Female Entrepreneurs, was launched by Halal Angels Network. Based on sustainable and ethical business investment and opportunities, the initiative aims to support women entrepreneurs to excel in their entrepreneurship journey.
According to the 2013 EY Report titled Women: The Next Emerging Market, “In the next five years, the global incomes of women will grow from US$13 trillion to US$18 trillion. That incremental US$5 trillion is almost twice the growth in GDP expected from China and India combined. By the year 2028, women will control close to 75% of discretionary spending worldwide.”
Both the Halal Angels Network and The Khadija RA Initiative were especially launched during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide critical support to investors, businesses, entrepreneurs and startups who are struggling to survive and sustain themselves during these unprecedented and challenging times.
Razia Malik, President of Halal Angels Network at the launch, said that “The Khadija RA Initiative’s is inspired and dedicated to Hazrat Khadija RA,and we hope that this initiative encourages and supports women entrepreneurship”.
Speaking at the launch, Dr. Tausif Malik, Founder of Halal Angels Network said,“We launched Halal Angels Network to combat economic challenges faced by and The Khadija RA Initiative is specifically designed to empower women entrepreneurs”.
Dr Munnazza Afreen – Academician & Researcher &Board of Advisors,The Khadija RA Initiative said that “Education important, but entrepreneurs play important in driving real time innovation, and economy. The Khadija RA Initiative helps in creating opportunities for women entrepreneurs to co-collaborate with each other to learn, engage and excel together”.
Hawa Bilai, renowned Chef & Food Consultant- Board of AdvisorsThe Khadija RA Initiative said that “Acceptance beyond comparison and competition is a virtue, an essence of true power and contentment. COVID 19 pandemic has made rethink how to rise piece a Phoenix from ashes”.
- Also read: Launched World’s First Halal Angels Network to promote Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Startups to tap $5 trillion, Halal consumer market
Iram Zaidi, Communications Specialist & Women’s Rights Advocate, Board of Advisor, The Khadija RA Initiative said that “Investing in women entrepreneurs is pivotal to economic growth and building resilient communities. By equipping 1001 women entrepreneurs across the globe with mentoring, networking opportunities, and access to credit, The Khadija RA Initiative aims to mitigate the systemic challenges faced by them, help close the gender gap, and empower women’s entrepreneurial growth, success and prosperity”.
Bushra Shad – Business Lawyer & Consultant &Board of Advisors, The Khadija RA Initiative said that “Hazrat Khadijah R.A (Khatoone Jannah)the first & most beloved wife and support system of our Prophet s.a.w.s, a successful business woman, & entrepreneur, upon whom Allah sent Salam through angel Jibraeel A.S”.
In addition to entrepreneurial support, the Khadija RA Initiative will offer a niche platform to female entrepreneurs to promote, network and innovate for their businesses; seek strategic partnerships with key stakeholders namely government, educational institutes, investors, venture capitalists, angel investors, academicians and media; access varied investment opportunities; and receive expert mentorship and education. The (online) program is scheduled to kick-off on August 1st, 2020, and conclude on August 1st, 2021.
Naousheen Faruki, Project Director, said that “I’m a mother of four children. I desired to work after 20 years of my successful marriage so I choose to become an entrepreneur, and joined Halal Angels Network. I now want to support fellow women entrepreneurs through The Khadija RA Initiative.”
In order to participate, the female entrepreneur submit her application with fees of $ 50.00 on Halal Angels Network’swebsite www.halalangels.net/khadija.They would be requested to produce a 60-second video business pitch which will be duly uploaded on the Network’s website and social media page. The entrepreneur swill henceforth be granted access to network with fellow cohort members and Angel Investors of Halal Angels Network. They would be given access to video training & skill development regarding entrepreneurship developed by Education Partners UK. Plans are in the pipeline to host a physical networking conference in August 2021 subject to the COVID-19 situation.
Recently Halal Angels Network had tied up Fintech major Delio to use their digital platform showcase Halal-based deals to a much more international audience, connecting angel investors across the world not just with deals, but also with each other.Halal Angels Network (HAN) has partnered with Halal Board India for Halal compliance & certification and, SSC Capital of Tanzania to tap the African investment market
- Also read: Globally recognized Education Partnerships UK Teams up with World’s First Halal Angel Network to offer training & certification to aspiring entrepreneurs
About The Khadija RA Initiative
- Dedicated to Hadhrath Khadija RA
- Inspired by 1001 Arabian Nights as every female entrepreneur has a story to tell
- Global platform for female entrepreneurs to showcase their ideas & business
- Aimed to boost female entrepreneurs’ participation in economy
- The Khadija RA Initiative’, the World’s largest Cohort, Incubation & Acceleration program for 1001 Women Entrepreneurs.
- A platform for 1001 Women Entrepreneurs to promote, network, and partner for their businesses.
- Open to all women entrepreneurs from across the globe.
- Age 18 years and above.
September 16th, 2020 to October 1st, 2021
- The applicant would apply by completing the formalities on Halal Angels Network website halalangels.netsubmit her application with fees of $ 50.00 (non-refundable).
- The applicant would then record a video of 60 seconds talking about their business/startup; this video would be uploaded on the website and social media of Halal Angels Network to promote the entrepreneur.
- The approved applicant would be given access to network with fellow cohort members, and Angel Investors of Halal Angels Network.
- Hopefully, if the pandemic ends then networking conferences would be held at seven global locations next year 2021, and the cohort participants would be encouraged to participate to pitch their startups to investors.
- Access to video training & skill development regarding entrepreneurship developed by Education Partners UK.
Investment opportunities for cohort members. • Strategic partnership with cohort members. • Innovation through innovative ideas and projects of the cohort members. • Encourage more women entrepreneurs to establish their ventures.
They would be given access to video training & skill development regarding entrepreneurship developed by Education Partners UK. Plans are in the pipeline to host a physical networking conference in August 2021 subject to the COVID-19 situation.